How to Flash Sony Xperia Stock Rom using FlashTool
These are the instructions to flash Sony Xperia Stock Rom (ftf firmware) using the Xperia Flash Tool on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your Xperia device should have at least 30-40 percent of phone battery to perform the flashing process.
Flash Sony Xperia Stock Rom using FlashTool
- Download and install Sony Xperia Driver on your computer. If in case Sony Xperia driver is already installed on your computer then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see the similar file (with .ftf extension):
- Download and install Sony Xperia Flashtool on your computer (if you have already had the FlashTool, then there is no need to download it again).
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is installed, Open it from C: Drive > Flashtool.
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, click on the Flash Button.
- Now, you will be able to see the Bootmode Chooser menu. Select Flashboot option and click on OK button.
- Now, load the downloaded Xperia firmware (.ftf) in the flash tool. By clicking on the LoadButton.
Now, Select the loaded Firmware.
- Now, Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing process.
- Now, Power off your Xperia Device.
- Now, Press and Hold Volume Down button and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once the device is successfully connected to the computer then you will be able to see the added message in Xperia Flashtool.
- Now, flashing will begin and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once flashing process is completed, disconnect your device from the computer and Turn it On.